Sunday, May 27, 2012

Finally

Finally finished this one for Kennisha.
  This pic is about 1/3 of the quilt.

Here you can see the quilting a little better.
I did cross hatching on the black floral parts, not something I usually do, but it looks pretty good over the flowers.


In the four corner squares I did this design that I learned from the Eva Larkin book I have which is my absolute favorite free motion quilting book!!!
If you don't have it I highly recommend it! 
It will totally boost you FMQ skills.
And DO read every word from the front cover to the back, the lady KNOWS what shes talking about!


Another pic to show the leaves in the green border, the big meander in the yellow border, 
the curlicues in the red border, 
and a repeat of the leaves only this time with a back and forth to them,
ending with more cross hatching in the black floral border.
(Still not a fan of doing crosshatching but I like the look of it.


Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Quilt and quilting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching looks good. I have that book. I'm going to take a look at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! Love that corner design.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...