Wednesday, April 13, 2011

3 D Bowtie quilt

Here's the completed Bowtie quilt.
I love how the 3 D"knot"pops up when you quilt around it.
If you look close you can see that I quilted three feathery things in each side of the Bowtie and then in the other part of the 4 patch I quilted some curly cues that echoed the design in the fabric.

Here is a view that includes the border.
Again curly cues that echo the design in the fabric.


I guess I better go and get busy basting,
after all, I got 7 quilts in yesterday and a big ole queen size the day before.
Still doin' the happy dance here.

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I love the 3-D bow tie, but was a little concerned about the quilting. You did a great job, and I might just have to make one for myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a 3D bow tie quilt for my mom, out of my dad's old ties after he passed away. I had to iron on a light stabilizer to keep the silk pieces from "wandering". Turned out pretty well and it's nice to have something useful made out of dad's old ties.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...