Friday, June 17, 2011

Busy Week

Finished the jelly roll race quilt top earlier in the week.
I think it turned out great.  
Will get it quilted next week and then sent off
to my friend.
The good news is that I have more than half the
layer cake left to play with!  :o)


Yesterday we had our guild charity sew'n go.
We did string quilts this time and made a whole
pile of blocks.
It's always fun when we all work on the same thing.
Just sew, pedal to the metal,
with someone coming around to pick up
all your chains hanging off the back of your sewing machine  to press it for you.
Then bringing it back for you to sew more strings on.
We had a few ladies that had never done string piecing before and they were immediate fans.
If you are not familiar with string piecing check here
This String piecing primer is one of the best I've found.
And if you look down the left side of the page, 
you'll find tons of free patterns for using up your
scraps with and with out foundations.

Happy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...