Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm Still Here!

I think this is the longest I've gone without posting since I started my blog a year and a half ago! 

I have no pics for today.
I did finish the little basket quilt and will post a finished picture when it is hung in place over Mary's bed.
It turned out glorious.
AFTER I picked out several blocks where my bobbin thread just laid on the back and the top thread came down and bunched up!
Don't you just hate that?
One hour of quilting took me four days to take out!!
It was very dense quilting!!
I was not in the mood to post.

In the midst of all that, I had my IVIG infusion for 
Myasthenia Gravis and the 2 day headache that follows.

A dear friend flew in on her way to see her mother for Thanksgiving and we had lunch.
(Hadn't seen each other for about 2 years, I think.)

Then, very late on Friday night, my Mister fell  when the wind blew a piece of carpet up in front of the laundry room and tripped him.
I had just taken my bedtime sleeping medicine and gone to bed and we was taking Dusty out for the last go round.
He got scraped up on both hands and one elbow, plus he got some punctures on one hand from a metal drain grate.
He takes blood thinners so there was lots of blood and bruising and one hand swelled up real bad.
the good news is there is no fractures.
The left hand is badly sprained and he's pretty non functional for anything that takes two hands or a grip.
So most of the jobs he does around the house like laundry and dishes and such now are on my plate.
Whaaahh!!!

It's 2pm.
From the minute I got up this morning I have done nothing but get him fed, take him to the doctor, get his medication, get him fed again and now I'm pooped.
I need to be quilting!!

You're caught up on my life now.

I guess I've rested now and I'm going to quilt a really cute little Christmas quilt for Alta.

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Glad to hear the Mister is doing all right - that sounds like a LOT of not-fun for him and you. And "Boo" for inheriting all the housework while he recovers :-(

    Still, I am glad you three are doing all right, all things considered. I wish the mister a speedy recovery, and you a lot of endurance for getting it all done! Definitely look to both your healths first, but I look forward to more quilting pictures when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds painful! Glad there are no broken bones. I bet the nurse is tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of all your toils and troubles. It looks like your next post was such a cheerful project that I hope it lifted your spirits. I refer to my quilting and sewing as my yoga. Best type of meditation ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...