Sunday, November 27, 2011

The purple quilt

This one is Leslie's "Purple" quilt.
(The back is purple)
I'm not sure what fabric this is but it is gorgeous!



This is a close up of the quilt that better shows the entire quilt from center to edge.


 Close up of the corner:

And now for every one's favorite parts, the back of the quilt.
This is the last two borders.
I quilted around the prints on the second border in and the corner stones.
The last border I wanted to bring out the tiny little curly cues from the inner quilting and the last corner stone so I made three rows 2" wide with my Chaco marker then quilted the curly cues. 


The next pic shows the center piece which also shows the  little curly cues:


And here you can see the big triangle that sets the middle on point where I quilted around the little flowers:


This kind of "fussy" quilting is tedious but the results are spectacular!
You can see that the Fussy parts are more densely quilted than the borders in between, but that is okay because over all the density is equal since the density alternates.
It also makes for a more cuddly quilt. 

I'm on to the next one.
I still have room for a couple more before Christmas!

Happy quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your free motion.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! You do have a great talent for what I would call highly artistic doodling. The free motion patterns you chose truly enhanced the quilt fabrics and created a kind of Byzantine mood. Goes well with the royal purple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer! Fabulous job Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...