Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another Day, Another Quilt

Started a new one.  This is such a colorful scrap quilt.  (Notice how much better the color is in my pictures?)  Remember to click on the pic to see it bigger and the stitches will show up .  I decided to do a feau feather on the patchwork rows and a loopy back and forth on the strips in between. 

I taught a beginning freemotion quilting class on Saturday.  I love, love, love teaching neophyte quilters who have never ever tried it before.  Taking them from near tears of frustration after mere seconds of trying; to the "I can do this , I have a plan."  before the class is over.  I had 3 students this time and 2 of them had some experience doing some free motion but the third one had never even tried it.  At one point she asked me,  ""Did you think the was fun the first time you did this?"  I had to say no.  I then polled the other two students and their answer were adamant "NOs!"  I think that was one of the turning points for the first student.  Anyway, I hope this helps any of you out there that have tried it and have ended up with your project in the trash in a few minutes and said, "I will still quilt with my credit card."  Get brave again, take my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...