Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm still here

Just wanted to say that I'm still here.
We had some pretty severe tornadoes here in Oklahoma
on Tuesday and luckily my little family unit was spared.
We hunkered down in the bath tub and it was a pretty tight fit but even 'doggie' was quiet under the pillows.
When we got out, the sun was shining,
we had had a tremendous amount of rain -- water was running through our breezeway even with bags of cement stacked up to make a dam at the end -- but we were safe.


There had been tornadoes North South East and West of us. 
They were heading right at us and lifted up about 20 miles away and officially set back down about 20 miles on the other side of us but just 50 feet from our apartment a big tree was uprooted and a few blocks away 3 more huge trees were uprooted in a park.  
So it barely missed us!!


Our prayers go out to those who weren't so fortunate.


Happy Quilting

1 comment:

  1. What an experience!! I can't imagine how fearful you must have been. Glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...