Friday, December 3, 2010

Fishies

 Finished this one Wednesday but I was sooo busy yesterday I didn't have time to post.  This is a cute little quilt,  Stack 'n Whack out of fish fabric.

 
Stack 'n Whacks are always fun to do.  And you never know what you will come up with, it is always a surprise.
 
today I will be doing some embroidery to finish up some Christmas presents and get that out of the way. 
Yesterday I preshrunk some fabric for Christmas shirts for me and my Husband.  Ron always gets a Christmas shirt, but this will be my first one.
I'm like the cobbler who doesn't have shoes.  I hardly ever have the good stuff for myself, but I have this really cute doggies wearing  Christmas coats and hats that will make a nice shirt and this year it will be mine.  Ron's shirt has some really fun polar bears rolling around through Christmas stuff.
 
I was going to take the fabric to cut out at Sew'n Go on Thursday, but couldn't find the patterns.  I spent about 3 days looking for the patterns and finally Tuesday night, while I was tossing and turning, unable to go to sleep.  I got up about Midnight and looked in my closet one more time and uncovered them.
You see,  last May, when I got a new Quilter's Dream Horn Sewing Table to go in the corner of my living room behind the couch where I do all my quilting,  I had to rearrange everything. 
I had been snugly in that space for over ten years and it was very crammed packed with all the things I needed to do all the different kind of sewing I ever wanted to do.
It was like an explosion when I cleaned it out and tuned myself around 180 degrees. I got rid of a lot of stuff and had to relocate a whole lot of stuff, patterns included.  This was the first time I had to use them and since I always use the very same pattern every time I make a shirt for me or my husband it was crucial to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...