Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ta dah!!

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!  I'm on Christmas Break!! Yeah!! Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be sewing, OR even quilting for that matter.  But it does mean that anything I do for the next few days, I do because I want to do it.  Of course that excludes that vacuuming and mundane stuff like that. But I;m ready to do the stuff I want to do because I want to do it.

When I told this lady that I would do
these 4 quilts before Christmas,
I knew it was doable, but would be hard to get them finished in time for Christmas.  What with my IVIG infusion thrown in the mix, getting my Christmas finished and in the mail, just living my life,  the usual things,  it was really hard to keep up the nose to the grindstone, so to speak, and keep after it. 
I accepted the work because In this day and age it is scary to reject any work.  What if no one else ever calls me to get another quilt quilted?  Yikes!  (That mantra seems like it is always going through my head!  I mean they are always saying on the  news the economy is tanking, certainly the quilters will be feeling it any day now and quit having their quilts quilted!) 
Anyway, yesterday when she picked up number three, I was doubly glad that I had said yes to the quilting torture I endured the last 3 weeks.  So with extra money in my pocket, and visions of more customers calling me through word of mouth, she said 
"Thanks for doing this for me, your work is so beautiful, you're so talented, I'm sad." 
My head whipped around, sad?, she sad she's sad?.
"I'm being deployed to Afghanistan in 2 months, so I won't be able to keep making quilts."
I looked at her and said,  "Oh, but your babies will be sleeping every night with your arms around them
in these quilts!!"

They say every quilt has a story!
Pray that Maggie has a safe deployment and returns to her husband
and 4 babies.

Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...