Monday, November 1, 2010


Made some angels today on my embroidery machine.  Never did freestanding lace before and of course I used the wrong kind of water soluble stabilizer.  found that out after I had finished the last one of course.  I started looking at all of them and noticed that the stitching on each of them  was messed up in the same place.  I had an angel that a friend had made on her machine and it looked great.  So I looked up making freestanding lace on the Internet and it said use 2 layers of water soluble stabilizer that was like visquine, not 'solvey'--of course I used solvey.  By the time I got to the 2nd wing the stabilizer was pretty unstable and I guess that is what caused the stitching the mess up at that point on each one.  Will get the right kind of stabilizer before I make more.  But aren't they cute!!

Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...