Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finished

Finished the tiger quilt this morning, and I think it turned out pretty good.  The design I did around the outer border is one that I designed a couple of years ago that is really quick to do and travels well.  Originally I was trying for something that would look like a flower in the corners and leaves on the sides and what i got was this loopy '50s style all over design that is really easy to do.  I love it.  You can see it a little better on the picture of the back. 
 After I finished the quilt I went through 3 totes of quilting fabric and culled the fabric I'm not not going to use and don't want any more.  (Got to get rid of some of this stuff so I can get stuff out of the living room/dining room and into the closets.)  Emptied one tote and filled it with the 'get rid of fabric'.  What am I doing with the' get rid of fabric' you ask?  Well..... The Mid-Del Stitchin' Sisters Quilt Guild in Midwest City is having a Quilters Clearance sale on September 14th instead of a program.  There will be lots of booths with quilters getting rid of patterns, notions, rulers, FABRIC, at very good prices.  I will be selling my yardage for a dollar a yard for the most part.  There will also be some craft booths.  Good time to do some Christmas shopping.  This will be happening at the Douglas Boulevard United Methodist Church in Midwest City, OK just south of E Reno on Douglas Blvd (206 S Douglas Blvd I think?).

Happy quilting

1 comment:

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...