Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Swimming in the rain

Well,  the Talking Heads went swimming this morning.  It was overcast but warm. water was cool, not quite as cold as last week, but then after about 30 minutes it started raining a little.  It was funny at first.  Gee, we're getting wet. Ha!  Then it really started raining and we had to get out and by the time we got our towels they were getting wet, then the raindrops were starting to feel pin pricks.  It was great.  In fact I think it might have been the first time I have ever been swimming in the rain.  Good to still be able to do things I've never done before.

Almost finished the tiger quilt  this morning.  what's slowing me down on it is cleaning.   My sister is arriving on Monday and I'm not much good at cleaning for long periods of time so I just don't do it.  Consequently my house is a mess.  I only worry about it when my family comes.  In 2 days I have managed to get 3 sides of the shower done.  Tomorrow the fourth side and the tub, then Fri, the floor.  (We're talking maybe 6 sq feet!)  I'm also putting away stuff that just gets stacked up.  I'm a great stacker.

I just found out that I won't be able to go to Laughing Quilters this Saturday because I'll be getting my treatment on Sat and Sun before my sister gets here.  That way we don't have to "play hospital" when she gets here and have her watch me get an infusion for 2 days--how fun would that be?

Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...