Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I shoulda done it My Way

I always spray baste quilts with Sullivans basting spray and then pin around the sides just to make sure the back doesn't accidentally fold back while you are manipulating it during quilting.  (Ask me how I know that can happen.)  Sometimes people bring me quilts that they have pin basted and I have learned that if I go ahead and quilt them, I usually get the dreaded wrinkle in the back.
Well the quilt I am working on was brought to me pinbasted.  It looked like it was pin basted very well.  And it is.  I considered taking the time to take out the pins (about an hour) and spray basting and be on my way, but nooooooo.  I was lazy and decided to save that hour.  Well,  it has taken me almost twice as long to quilt it, stopping to take the pins out.  That doesn't seem like it would take that long but I've been working on it for 4 1/2 days and I should have been done in 3. 
Just thought I'd share.

Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say. Leave me a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...